CD Projekt Buys an Indie Studio to Make a Sport Primarily based on One in all Its Properties

CD Projekt Buys an Indie Studio to Make a Game Based on One of Its Properties

Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher creator CD Projekt has acquired indie studio The Molasses Flood, which can now work on a brand new sport primarily based on one in every of CD Projekt’s IPs.

Introduced to traders as we speak, CD Projekt introduced that it had purchased 60% of the Boston studio initially, and organised transactions to takeover the remaining 40% over time. The Molasses Flood will collaborate with CD Projekt’s growth unit, CD Projekt Pink, however will retain “full autonomy”.

The Molasses Flood’s new emblem. (Supply: CD Projekt)

The announcement talked about that The Molasses Flood “will work by itself challenge primarily based on one in every of CD Projekt’s IPs.” That is seemingly a sport set inside the Witcher or Cyberpunk universes.

CD Projekt has beforehand stated that it’ll developer AAA Witcher and Cyberpunk video games concurrently, ranging from 2022. It isn’t clear what property Molasses Flood will work with, nor if that is an extra challenge on high of these deliberate developments – CD Projekt says it’s going to announce extra sooner or later.

Molasses Flood subsequently confirmed the information on Twitter, saying, “We get to construct a totally new sport within the universe of an present CD Projekt IP, we get to rent much more people, advert we get to maintain making video games primarily based on the identical rules which have at all times guided us: making video games with coronary heart constructed on wealthy gameplay techniques.”

The studio’s announcement additionally confirmed that it will retain its identify, however would add “a CD Projekt Studio” in most communication.

In a separate press launch, joint CD Projekt CEO Adam Kiciński stated, ““We’re at all times looking out for groups who make video games with coronary heart. The Molasses Flood share our ardour for online game growth, they’re skilled, quality-oriented, and have nice technological perception. I’m satisfied they are going to carry a number of expertise and dedication to the Group.”

The Molasses Flood has beforehand created The Flame within the Flood and Drake’s Hole, each of which targeted on survival components, albeit with very completely different approaches. Members of the Molasses Flood staff had beforehand made BioShock, Halo 2, and Rock Band earlier than creating the indie developer.

Earlier than we get to any new video games, CD Projekt remains to be engaged on next-gen upgrades for each Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – each of which had been just lately delayed to 2022. Main expansions are on account of comply with for Cyberpunk at a later date.

Joe Skrebels is IGN’s Government Editor of Information. Comply with him on Twitter. Have a tip for us? Need to talk about a attainable story? Please ship an e mail to newstips@ign.com.



Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts