, Apple’s new working system for Macs, can be right here . The discharge date for Apple’s new software program (also referred to as MacOS 12) was introduced on Monday, after . (And, in case you missed it, this is in September.)
The Monterey OS comes alongside upgrades to, together with and . Monterey provides a number of of the brand new options present in , like and Apple’s Focus characteristic.
This is how you can obtain MacOS Monterey as soon as it rolls out to the general public. We have additionally received directions for how you can obtain the general public beta model within the meantime beneath, for those who simply cannot wait.
How do I download and install MacOS Monterey once it’s generally available?
1. Make sure your.
2., just to be safe. You don’t want to risk losing everything when you upgrade.
3. On your Mac, go to System Preferences > Software Update and find MacOS Big Monterey. Click Upgrade Now. The download will start immediately, but may take while.
Once you download and install the update and restart your computer, you’ll be running on MacOS Monterey.
How do I download and install the MacOS Monterey public beta?
If you just can’t wait for the final release, here’s how to get the MacOS Monterey public beta up and running on your machine. Note that you should never download a beta version on your primary device, as they’re often buggy — we recommend only doing so if you have a separate tester device available.
1., just to be safe.
2. On your Mac, go to beta.apple.com.
3. Sign in with your Apple ID and select MacOS from the list of programs.
4. In the Getting Started section, click Enroll your Mac.
5. On the next page, click on the blue button labeled Download the MacOS Public Beta Access Utility.
6. Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts.
7. After the utility is installed, check for a software update using the update tool in System Preferences and then follow the prompts to download and install it.
Once you restart your computer, you’ll be running on the MacOS Monterey public beta.
For more, check out. We’ve also got instructions for how to .