Nick Diaz, one the MMA’s greatest stars, returns to the UFC this weekend.
Certain, there are different fights on UFC 266. Featherweight champfaces off in opposition to jiu jitsu savant Brian Ortega and we get one other probability to see the unbeatable Valentina Shevchenko carry out — however you may assure all eyes will probably be on Nick Diaz this weekend as he makes his return to the octagon.
Nick Diaz hasn’t competed since combating Anderson Silva at UFC 183 in 2015. Within the time since, his brothercarved out his personal legend, defeating Conor McGregor and changing into considered one of MMA’s greatest stars within the course of. However Nick Diaz was traditionally the extra well-known of the 2. His comeback is big information.
And the matchmaking for his return is chic. At UFC 266, Nick Diaz is combating fellow legend Robbie Lawler.
This one’s an extended awaited rematch. Diaz and Lawler fought within the UFC all the best way again in 2004 and the struggle was unbelievable. Given each fighters are a lot older, and much from their prime, that is excellent timing for an ideal struggle.
You possibly can watch their first struggle under.
Who wins this time round? It is a coin toss actually. No-one is aware of what sort of form Nick Diaz is in, however Lawler has struggled as of late. My intestine is telling me Lawler is the secure guess right here, since he is improved massively because the first struggle and has been much more lively within the final decade. There’s additionally the truth that Nick Diaz just lately requested for the struggle to be bumped from welterweight to middleweight. Is Diaz combating weight points? Presumably.
Diaz and Lawler simply had their first staredown at a press convention which happened right this moment.
We don’t know what Nick Diaz is displaying up although and that is what makes this struggle so thrilling.
UFC 266 Begin time
The UFC 266 primary card begins at 10 p.m EDT (7 p.m. PDT) however listed below are all the small print from a number of timezones.
- The principle card begins Sept 25, 10 p.m. EDT (7 p.m. PDT).
- The prelims begin Sept 25, 8 p.m. EDT (5 p.m. PDT).
- The early prelims begin Sept 25, 6.00 p.m. EDT (3.15 p.m. PDT).
- The principle card begins Sept 26, 3 a.m. BST.
- The prelims begin Sept 26, 1 a.m. BST.
- The early prelims begin Sept 25, 11.00 p.m. BST.
- The principle card begins Sept 26, 12 midday AEST.
- The prelims begin Sept 26, 10 a.m. AEST.
- The early prelims begin Sept 26, 8.00 a.m. AEST.
Easy methods to watch UFC 266
The UFC now has a partnership with ESPN. That is nice information for the UFC and the growth of the game of MMA, however dangerous information for shopper alternative. Particularly for those who’re one of many UFC followers who wish to watch UFC within the US.
Within the US, if you wish to know find out how to watch UFC 266, you will solely discover the struggle night time on PPV via ESPN Plus. The price construction is a bit complicated, however listed below are the choices to look at UFC on ESPN, in accordance with ESPN’s web site:
- Present yearly ESPN Plus subscribers can order the upcoming UFC struggle for $70.
- Present month-to-month ESPN Plus subscribers will have the ability to both improve to an annual plan and purchase UFC PPV for $85 or buy the power to look at the UFC occasion on PPV for $70 by itself.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers should purchase a bundle of 1 UFC PPV occasion (streaming in HD) and an ESPN Plus annual recurring subscription for $90. It is a respectable deal. The earlier bundle gave a saving of 25% however this new bundle is a 35% saving. The ESPN Plus annual ESPN subscription will auto-renew after one yr, on the value of an ESPN Plus annual subscription on the time of auto-renewal.
You are able to do the entire above on the hyperlink under.
MMA followers within the UK can watch UFC 266 completely via BT Sport. There are extra choices for those who reside in Australia. You possibly can watch UFC 266 via Important Occasion on Foxtel. You can too watch on the UFC web site or utilizing its app. You possibly can even order utilizing your PlayStation or utilizing the UFC app in your Xbox.
UFC 266 struggle card
- Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega
- Valentina Shevchenko vs. Lauren Murphy
- Nick Diaz vs. Robbie Lawler
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Jessica Andrade vs. Cynthia Calvillo
- Marlon Moraes vs. Merab Dvalishlivi
- Dan Hooker vs. Nasrat Haqparast
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Chris Daukaus
- Manon Fiorot vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
- Karl Roberson vs. Nick Maximov
- Matthew Semelsberger vs. Martin Sano